I am dedicating this journal to my grandmother and my mother.
They both had a "green thumb",
and I am running out of time to learn everything they new about gardening.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Old Seeds

In our household we agree that the most nagging question always is WHY? For instance, why this flower is structured exactly as it is? I find it extraordinarily simple and pretty. What a perfect geometry...

Among some old papers, I found a little package of flower seeds that where shipped to us as a part of some promo years ago. In June, I poured the seeds in to the ground close by our porch. I do not know how many years those seeds where stashed away, but I am sure glad they were still full of secret energy.

What a delightful display of yellow color in our little back yard! It brightened our autumn days. I could not stop jumping all around them with my camera in attempt to capture the richness and beauty of the blooms in the perfect lighting conditions. I found that all lighting conditions (morning, day, evening) where perfect for the perfect bloom display.

No comments:

Post a Comment